Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We live in a condo complex that consists of two buildings

Customer Question

We live in a condo complex that consists of two buildings with three condos in each. There is an access street in front of the condos with one main driveway to the highway. It is located at the center point of the two buildings. We live in the end unit. The access street extends past our driveway, obviously to provide an area for us to back into and proceed down the street. Some condo owners have decided to use that area as public parking. That causes us to back down the street to the exit which is about a half block. Do I have any recourse in this matter. I have contacted the president of the association and have been told that condo owners have the right to park anyplace they want. Thank You.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Is the access street a private road or a public street?