Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have signed MUTUAL TERMINATION OF
BROKERAGE ENGAGEMENT AGREEMENT on Jun 09 with broker and is effective from June 10th.The Protected Period under the Brokerage Engagement shall expressly survive the termination of the Brokerage Engagement -This box is not checked in the agreement.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: GA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Can I sign agreement with a direct buyer on June 10
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 4 months ago.

IF there is no protection period box marked, you have a strong basis to be able to sign with the direct buyer as they failed to mark the box. An agreement cannot be vague and unclear on an issue nor can a noncompete be indefinite.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating of our assistance is appreciated.