Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I'm in Utah. We share a non -exclusive right of way with a

Customer Question

I'm in Utah. We share a non -exclusive right of way with a hostile neighbor. He threatens anyone who drives on, parks on, or enters the property. Including the garbage man. What is the legal meaning of non- exclusive, and can i do anthing about the problem?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

A non-exclusive easement simply means that the easement is not limited to one person or one group.....instead, the easement is open to multiple people.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

If the neighbor is being unreasonable and uncooperative regarding the easement, the only thing you can do is file a petition to compel the neighbor to abide by the easement terms OR ask the court to enter a restraining order to stop the hostility.