JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Arbitrator
Experience:  JustAnswer
94416922

My question involves Indiana. My (now ex) boyfriend and I

Customer Question

My question involves Indiana.
My (now ex) boyfriend and I signed a year lease (we lived in this property for a year prior, as well). His sister in law is the property manager. My name is ***** ***** lease but he took away my keys a month ago and she wouldn't give me new ones. All of the utilities are still in my name. He paid the entire sum of rent for last month (as I wasn't living there). Do I still have a right to live in the house and request a key if I pay the coming months rent? Also, can I call a locksmith to let me into my house? I have nowhere else to go right now (after living elsewhere for a month and two weeks).
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  JustAnswer replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for posting your question. We’re matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I paid my half of rent on May 1st (as did he). He took away my key on May 12th. I stayed somewhere else, and he paid the entire sum of rent on June 1st. It's now June 14th and I need a place to stay and want to know my legal rights and responsibilities regarding the lease.