Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

My tenant is set to move in July 1st. He is an attorney who

Customer Question

My tenant is set to move in July 1st. He is an attorney who wrote the lease and I signed in his courtroom without understanding the lease. Stupid me. Nevertheless here is the option to renew: Tenant shall have the right to renew an annual lease for three additional years as long as the owner continues to lease the premises commencing at the expiration of the initial term of this lease, upon the same terms covenants,and provisions herein set forth except for rent as herein after provided. The option for each additional year term shall be exercised by Tenant giving owner not less than 45 days notice of intention etc etc etc. I don't want to rent to him at all based on dubious references and definitely not more than one year. What can I do now? His lease starts July 1st.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Has he paid whatever deposits and advance rent he was required to tender? Do you have any reason to hold him in breach?