AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
93913325

About three years ago I moved to a Senior Living Apt at 230

Customer Question

About three years ago I moved to a Senior Living Apt at 230 S. Brentwood Blvd. 8E For the Summers I’ve lived here the air conditioning would work then not work for each of the summers I’ve lived here. If It wouldn’t have been for a friend across the hall, I would have had some very uncomfortable days and night’s Ive even had to use her shower a number of times.
They say the air conditioning will be working in the next few days. Because they have had to cut holes in the ceiling in a few places, I’m Not sure how this will affect my living conditions. There is more to this air conditional problem that i can’t put into words at this time. Perhaps we need to have a meeting.
In the past I have made and effort to move from here on 2 or more accosions.
They charged me $120000 to buy into this communitie plus I’m now paying $1720 (they do provide some amenities) to live here. The one in charge here at the commute wants to meet with me today or soon to make some kind of restitution. for my Inconvenience..
I think I should be offered half of the cost of my by in fee and at any time in the next three months. should only be obligated to only 30 days of rent.
Donald L. Decker
home Phone:(###) ###-####
Mobile: (###) ###-####
e-mail:***@******.***
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 8 months ago.

I'm Heather, an attorney for 15 years, and I'd like to assist you for informational purposes.

The landlord has the responsibility to provide you with air conditioning. It sounds like he is in breach of the lease.