AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience

It is not a legal issue. We are just trying to obtain a

Customer Question

It is not a legal issue. We are just trying to obtain a foreclosure surplus list in the the counties of California. We have gone to superior court but we are just getting the run around. Not sure if you have any ideas about this problem we are encountering?
JA: Dealing with a foreclosure in any way, shape or form can be daunting. Fortunately, the attorneys we work with have a lot of experience with this, and I'd like to match you with the best fit.
Customer: We locate the claimants who our owed monies, but the people ar the court are not that helpful
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Would a lawyer really give us that information? If so do you have anyone in mind that you know?
JA: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No, we are simply trying to find a list that shows the excess funds generated at a foreclosure sale, that has the information we can look up in court.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience and I'd like to assist you with your question for informational purposes. I have done numerous foreclosures. Unfortunately, I do not believe the court clerk is going to maintain a list such as what you are talking about. At least, as an attorney at court practicing in that area, I have never seen any such thing. Foreclosures are advertised in the newspaper of general circulation for the county in which the property is located, and the public would be able to see that information. However, that would not include the sales price that the property is eventually sold for. After the sale, there is nothing else published. I think your best bet is to look at the legal notices portion of the newspaper, and attend the sales, at which time, you will be a witness to the information you seek. I just don't think that anyone keeps or puts together a list of every foreclosure that takes place, and what the property sells for.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello Heather, thank you for answering/responding back. Can I ask you a few more questions. If we were able to find the trustee's involved in the foreclosures, do you think if we ask for the list of the foreclosures they were involved with, is it possible for them to supply us with the case numbers and we do our due diligence to look go through these cases in court to find out the information that we are looking for.
Another question for you is we find claimants right now for overages created through tax deed sales. We deal with trustee's to see if they are interested in re-opening bankruptcy cases. Half of the the time they do not want to reopen any of these cases. So we are trying to find an attorney who is willing to file a petition to recover these funds for the the last person on the deed. We actually find the claimants, make contact with them. We are trying to work with an attorney who understands the process of recovering these funds. We have a steady stream of people, but we just need an attorney to finalize this process so every one can get paid. Do you happen to do this or know any other attorneys who might be interested?

The trustees are attorneys who work for a client or clients. They are not obligated to provide you with that information after the fact. They can if they want to, but someone has to pay them to speak to you on the phone, and their clients probably don't want to pay them to provide you with that information. In addition, they may attempt to tell you that that information is confidential. It probably isn't, because it is information you could have obtained from a public sale, at which you could have gone, but if they want to use the excuse, they can.

Regarding your second question, I don't personally know of any attorneys in California who practice in that area, but you should search for an attorney who practices in foreclosures or bankruptcy located close to you in California.

I see that you viewed my response. Have I answered your question?