Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I have been approached by a real estate firm representing a

Customer Question

I have been approached by a real estate firm representing a client who wants to purchase farm property I own, but who wants to remain anonymous. Is it wise to deal with an anonymous buyer? Is this a normal real estate practice?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

It is not unheard of for a buyer to remain hidden.This is usually done with an LLC buying land closing in the name of the LLC.As long as the funds clear it is really not a problem.Often they are trying to assemble acreage without others knowing to keep the price down for other tracts.This for example is how Disney bought land in large groups in Florida in the 80's.Again if their check clears and they can get financing it is not a problem.It can actually be easier because they have credit beyond what is needed and can close without hassles.You may want to raise your earnest money you want here to protect yourself if it doesn't close. But this is certainly possible here in Texas and the LLC would only have to disclose limited information.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.