LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

If you have a buyer get the septic inspected and it,s not

Customer Question

if you have a buyer get the septic inspected and it,s not quite up to par and the tell you the seller to fix it or they will cancel the contractcan they do that
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

In VT virtually all contracts for the sale of property have an Inspection Contingency set out in the contract in which the buyer can have an inspection done and if they fund a problem that needs to be addressed, they can ask the sell to remedy the problem and if the seller will not do so, then the buyer may cancel the contract. I am all but certain that your sale contract has such a provision as it is in 99% of all sale contracts.

So, in all probability, if you do not make the repair, the buyer likely will be allowed to back out of the sale contract.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good evening,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug