Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I need to respond to a third party debt collector who has

Customer Question

I need to respond to a third party debt collector who has given me 30 days to respond to their intention to initiate a foreclosure of My Deed of Trust. I purchased The property from a probate administrator Deed recorded 2-04-16. I have attempted to get the old loan of the deceased in my name and the lender wouldn't accept my application. I have the deed of trust and title insurance . I have attempted to get information but the lender will not talk to me. I have attempted to make payments and the lender won't accept. I paid a substantial amount for this property and it all went through escrow and I don't want to lose it. How should i real or could you prepare a written response for me.
Evonnda Hull, Apple Valley, CA. ***@******.***
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) You purchased the property from the estate while it had a mortgage on it? And you paid the estate, not the lender, correct?

2) Are you related to the deceased in any way? If so, how?

3) Did they send you a formal court pleading, or just a letter?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!