Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My wife passed away and her live in care givers want to stay

Customer Question

my wife passed away and her live in care givers want to stay in the house in Calif. i do not live there. i told them they could stay there for 3 months rent free. then we would have to come up with a rental agreement. people have been telling me i need to cover my self with an agreement. they were so good to my wife it is hard to believe they would cause trouble. but one really can not work any more because of deteriorating health and gets only 700 per month social security. so dont want to just push them out with no where to go. what kind of liability am i setting my self up for?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi Charles. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Can you provide me a bit more information? How long have they been staying there? Thanks.