Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Can I call code enforcement after we've been taken to court

Customer Question

Can I call code enforcement after we've been taken to court ..? I believe that the back rent isn't fair she said we owe 900 back rent I've been living at*****apt b for 4 years an all of a sudden she decided she wanted to move in her back apartment to be honested we live in a garage coming from a 3 year living in a hotel we never never complained there I know is several violations I don't know what to do plz help...I'm not sure if she has an occupancy legally to this address were living in a trailer an paid her 35000 since we lived here ...not sure what to do we moved in paying 600 a month than she knocked down a wall an asked for 700 without asking it's just me an my fiance no kids we didn't need a extra room...sincerely ***** ***** what to do..?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please need an answer by Monday the 20th need help..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Yes, you can call code enforcement after you have been taken to court unless the court has issued an order stating that you are not to call them, which would be unusual.