Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney

I have a question about rent control apartments and washing

Customer Question

I have a question about rent control apartments
and washing machines
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

LAndlords are not required to provide washing machines on a property unless the provision is included in the lease. The courts will normally also to require a landlord to maintain a washing machine if it was originally provided. For example if you move in to a property that has a washing machine, the landlord normally is required to maintain it (fix it if it is broken) and not remove it during the tenancy even if there is not language included in the lease. Otherwise, a landlord is not required to provide a washing machine in a property even in rent controlled apartments.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or number from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site.