CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.

Customer Question

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Unfortunately, your question did not appear in the text box, if you would kindly repost it I will either respond or forward it to an appropriate category so that another expert can assist you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I want to know if rent to own or lease to own is legal in texas. I buy and sell land ,areal estate broker told me it was legal but anther person told meit was not legal.

Dear Customer,

These kinds of contracts - "land sales contracts"; "lease to own"; "owner financed" - are all legal and enforceable in Texas.

(See this TX law firm's detailed article on the subject:

I would caution you, these contracts are notoriously difficult to enforce for both parties if there are problems. So I do recommend that if you are selling or buying under one of these types of sales contracts that you at a minimum retain a lawyer (for you, not both sides of the transaction), to review the contract and advise you of the terms and conditions and most importantly what steps you will have to go through to enforce your rights at each stage of the contract (in most contracts, this changes as the buyer pays more and more towards the equity in the property).

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what kind of financing is legal beside, deed of trust, is legal in texas

That is a very broad question, I'm not sure how to answer it.

There are a lot of laws that govern lending that apply based on who is doing the lending.