Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have a home in Albuquerque and its in a HOA delolvement

Customer Question

I have a home in Albuquerque and its in a HOA delolvement and having pigeion problems in the roof. Are they responsible to get read of them?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: Albuquerque N.M. My brother who is disabled from Vitnam lives in the house and his worried because they are droping poop all over the side walk and in the roof. He tried to talk to the association and they say that this is not their problem. Pigeion carry lots of disease.
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Real Estate Lawyer should know?
Customer: Its a KB home and I do have a lawyer that are sueing for other problems but I have not mention it to them yet. My brother just called me a few days ago.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Taylor replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I want to welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just want one question answered is KB home responsible for taking care of the pigeon problem? The home is in a HOA and they say its not their problem.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i am waiting
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There is nothing wrong with the number I gave you from my credit card I think I will just contact my attorney.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i decided after all the problem with my credit card I am cancel all.
Expert:  Taylor replied 9 months ago.

sorry, i never meant to initiate a phone call. are you still wanting me to answer your question? i am sorry for the delayed response i was driving.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I entered the right credit card number but you never got back to me and it was suppose to be $5.00 then you said $31.00 dollars and then $ 59.00 dollars so what give all this addition I just want one question answered then you started adding and that is not right. So what gives?
Expert:  Taylor replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry, i am just an expert on the site and do not deal with the payments/costs.

Expert:  Taylor replied 9 months ago.

Would you still like me to answer your question? I would be more than happy to. I am sorry for the credit card/payment issue.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
All I asked was one question is HOA responsible for pigeon infestation and taking over the roof of my home, in Allbuquerque KB Home development which has an HOA Where a Vitnam Veteran disabled lives there.
Expert:  Taylor replied 9 months ago.

I understand. An HOA is not responsible for these types of issues/repairs unfortunately. They are only required to maintain common areas. They would not be required to solve the pigeon infestation at your home.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just called my credit card and there is no problem with my card. I do not need to be called all I wanted was a simple answer.
Expert:  Taylor replied 9 months ago.

I have not been calling you , i am unsure who could be. Sorry for that. I gave you the answer above, i am sorry if it is not what you wanted to hear.