TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

Mom had no will, my siblings deceased, grandchildren signed

Customer Question

Mom had no will, my siblings deceased, grandchildren signed affidavits for me. I have requested Ltrs of Admin. Why would the Surrogate court clerk request a bond on a house that has a reverse mortgage?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

The purpose of the bond is to ensure that the estate is administered correctly. In other words, if you do something wrong and a creditor or heir files a claim, then it will be paid from the bond. With regard to the reverse mortgage, it will ensure that the lender will be repaid if you sell the house.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!