Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.

I made a mortgage payment on December 1 and I made another

Customer Question

I made a mortgage payment on December 1 for November and I made another mortgage payment on January 30 for January's mortgage, am I considered late?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: ok
JA: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Yes on the January's payment my lender stated to me that they did not received the payment until February 1, but I received Proof of Payment that showed when the funds were taken out of my account, transferred, processed, sent and accepted. My lender stated my information is not accurate, but their records is accurate
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
When does your mortgage contract say payments are due. Just because you make a payment during the month, it can still be late if not paid by the date the mortgage contract says it is due. For example, if your mortgage contract says payment for the month of January is due January 1 and they may even have a grace period of January 15, if you pay January 30 you are still late, even though you paid in January. Also, paying the November mortgage payment December 1 means it was late.
You have to make payment to them to be received by the due date not later than the grace period stated in your mortgage agreement.