Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

My credit score dropped 130 points in the last week. The

Customer Question

My credit score dropped 130 points in the last week. The only thing I can see is GM Financial has a 30-60 days late. However, when looking at the details it shows times late -0, no past due, account is current but the last status states 30-59 days late. What is going on?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your credit score should not drop that far for only one delinquent report. However, if your account is current and you have not been late as claimed you need to file a written dispute with the credit bureaus. You need to inform them that pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you are disputing the late report by GM financial and demand your report be corrected. GM has 30 days to respond and present evidence the report is correct and if they fail to do so then the report is removed and your score should be adjusted.