Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We have an easement to get to our house and our neighbor

Customer Question

We have an easement to get to our house and our neighbor that owns the pasture around has decided to put t post up next to the road that we drive on. I think it is also causing the trash truck to not be able to come down to pick up trash.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Real Estate Lawyer should know?
Customer: I just want to know how wide the easement is and if we can move the post back a couple of feet, because when it rains it gets muddy and slick.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Is this easement in writing or is it an oral agreement?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
In writing

Do you have a copy of it for review or no? Does the easement list dimensions or does it simply state an easement exists but does not adequately describe it? Please advise!