Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.

I originally had my loan through Chase, it has since been

Customer Question

I originally had my loan through Chase, it has since been sold through foreclosure, however, the paperwork and all of the notices they ever sent including the one saying the property had been sold, was sent to a different address. I had an attorney who was suppose to be helping me with a modification which would have hopefully been able to keep me out foreclosure, however, It has been nearly impossible to touch base with him. He doesnt return phone calls, emails, mail etc....He asked me to fill out the 3rd party authorization form for the mortgage co so that he talk to them in detail, which I did, in the meantime, I just got a notice to vacate the house in 30 days. Is it possible for companies to still be able to work with you at this point in the foreclosure, especially since I was never properly notified? Thank You
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes.

Your first step is to file a complaint with the state bar regarding malpractice on the part of this attorney. Your second step is that you need to get a new consumer protection attorney as soon as you can and you need to have them file the objection to foreclosure and object on the basis of failure of notice and seek to get the foreclosure stopped. If you lose the foreclosure because of what the first attorney did then you can sue the first attorney for the damages his negligence in handling this case has caused you to suffer.

Those are the steps available to you to try to stop the foreclosure and also to try to recover if you cannot stop it.