Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Can my landlord at r.v. park evict me cause when my rent is

Customer Question

Can my landlord at r.v. park evict me for no cause when my rent is always on time and paid in full always in clark county washington?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Do you have a written lease? If so, how much longer does the lease have on it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No written lease

Unfortunately, if there is no written lease then the lease is considered month to month and the landlord does not have to have a reason (or, to put it another way, any reason is good enough) to ask someone to leave.

Of course, if it is based on your membership in a protected class, race, age, gender, etc., then it is illegal but other reasons or no reason is legal.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
With a written lease?

With a written lease it ultimately depends on the exact terms but assuming it is a standard lease then you couldn't be evicted as long as the lease is in effect without some type of "good cause".