Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate

My tenant has installed a trampoline. The trampoline is

Customer Question

My tenant has installed a trampoline. The trampoline is installed in an enclosed garden with a 6ft fence and a gate with numerical code. There's also protective netting around the trampoline. Location is California.
I understand that there is a major liability issue, but I'm willing to work with him to get that resolved.
Is that possible at all?
For example, if we have a $1M landlord liability policy and we inform the insurance of the presence of the trampoline and they agree, are we in the clear?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

It is possible for tenant to get tenant insurance for such a situation assuming the insurer will cover this.That said overall this has major liability issues as you have stated.It is your call whether you want to allow the trampoline on your property here.You would want a copy of the active policy with the limits shown and endorsement for a trampoline.

You would then have a million dollars worth of protections.If they will not write it then you may decide to send them lease violation and if necessary terminate the lease and evict them.And the problem here is you have current risk the tenant needs to get the policy now to protect you.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.