Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

IN2007 I PURCHASED A MOBILE HOME AND PROPERTY THE TITLE

Customer Question

IN2007 I PURCHASED A MOBILE HOME AND PROPERTY THE TITLE SHOWED A MOBILE HOME AFFIXED TO THE PROPERTY TO BE A DOUBLE WIDE BILTMORE 1988 24' X 64' THE PROPERTY WAS PURCHASED BY MY DECEASED WIFE I DID NOT READ THE TITLE AND THIS WAS INVESTMENT PROPERTY. I WENT TO SELL IT LAST WEEK AND THE TRAILER ON THE PROPERTY IS NOT THE TRAILER ON THE PROPERTY AND ON THE TITLE IT IS A SINGLE WIDE 1983 VILLANOVA WHITCH HAS A COMPLETLY DIFFRENT NUMBER FROM THE TITLED TRAILER. WHAT CAN I DO
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, if you did not inspect the deed and the property back 9 years ago when you purchased it, it is going to be too late now to do anything other than find the title to the trailer that is on the property and you have to do that by going to the DMV and giving them the VIN number, because then you would have to try to find the last known owner or file suit in court to quiet title on the trailer.