Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

Mother had a will. The reverse mortgage house was left to

Customer Question

Mother had a will. The reverse mortgage house was left to her granddaughter. My sister was named executor. The assets have been divided with who wants what. The bank accounts were closed and payments to beneficiaries made. Life insurance has been dispersed and all assets liquidated.Here is the problem. The house has sold or 50,000 more than owed. The executor now wants to pay all outstanding debts and credit cards with this money. Is this correct? Why does the granddaughter have to pay out of her inheritance? Also isn't the house trusted over and separate from estate?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Did the executor distribute estate assets before the estate claims were resolved?

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Are you online with me?