WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I bought this house in good faith dealing with an

Customer Question

I bought this house in good faith dealing with an individual, Real Estate Agent, and Lawyer. The original owner declared bankruptcy after the sale and the Bankruptcy conservator wants to take the home from us unless we give him additional funds. We bought this home in good faith. I need a lawyer to help me keep this home. We have put in it over 30K in repairs since the home was in terrible shape. We still need to do around 10K more at least to get the home up to code. The house was not worth the tax value. We live in Cabarrus County of the State of North Carolina. We need a pro bono lawyer since I just lost my job and my husband is disabled. We are also taking care of his mother of 90 years of age. I do not have anything to give the lawyer. We have no savings or anything.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 11 months ago.

I'm so sorry for your troubles. I suggest that you contact the legal aid society in your town in North Carolina and you can get low cost legal services to preserve your home.

Here are the phone numbers for three legal aid societies in NC that you should call.

A

Legal Aid of North Carolina

224 S Dawson St ·(###) ###-####/p>

Open until 5:00 PM

Website

Directions

B

Legal Aid of North Carolina

201 N Front St #1002 ·(###) ###-####/p>

Open until 5:00 PM

Website

Directions

C

Legal Aid of Nc Durham

201 W Main St #400 ·(###) ###-####/p>

Open until 5:00 PM

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.