Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I have a lien om my property it started at 40,000. i would

Customer Question

I have a lien om my property it started at 40,000. i would like to negotiate with the collection agency. It has gone up to around 60,000. do to interest. Would like to know how and what is a good price to ask to get the lien off my record. Should i get a lawyer or call myself to speak to them???
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 6 months ago.

Should i get a lawyer or call myself to speak to them???

Since your prior conversations with them have not resulted in a settlement, a lawyer is your best alternative. THe creditor knows that a lawyer can do things to prevent them from collecting on their lien, which an individual very often can't do on their own, such as filing bankruptcy.

I hope that this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. Bonuses are appreciated too. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one.