Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

L have been in this apartment since 1972. l am disabled and

Customer Question

l have been in this apartment since 1972. l am disabled and collect SSI. l was just in Albert Einstein hospital for a stroke in my back. I became a few months behind in my rent. My landlord Chestnut Holdings in Brooklyn have issued dispossess notices to me. I am in a wheelchair and cannot leave the apartment....Can you help? I have a son with downs synd. he used to collect SSl also, but Social Security stopped his payment just this month. HELP.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

I do need some more information from you first, please, so I can see how I can help. We are not a law firm, but a question and answer site that provides legal information. Are you asking for resources in helping you find something like legal aid? Asking if the landlord can evict you? What specifically do you want to know?