How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

L have been in this apartment since 1972. l am disabled and

Customer Question

l have been in this apartment since 1972. l am disabled and collect SSI. l was just in Albert Einstein hospital for a stroke in my back. I became a few months behind in my rent. My landlord Chestnut Holdings in Brooklyn have issued dispossess notices to me. I am in a wheelchair and cannot leave the apartment....Can you help? I have a son with downs synd. he used to collect SSl also, but Social Security stopped his payment just this month. HELP.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

I do need some more information from you first, please, so I can see how I can help. We are not a law firm, but a question and answer site that provides legal information. Are you asking for resources in helping you find something like legal aid? Asking if the landlord can evict you? What specifically do you want to know?

Related Real Estate Law Questions