RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

MOTION TO AMEND A COMPLAINT AND NOTICE FROM LANDLORD TO

Customer Question

I AM LOOKING FOR A MOTION TO AMEND A COMPLAINT FOR EVICTION AND NOTICE FROM LANDLORD TO TENANT-TERMINATION FOR FAILURE TO PAY RENT
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: FLORIDA
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO, AND THE SUMMONS HAS BEEN SERVED ALREADY
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: THE AMOUNT OF RENT DUE IN DOLLARS IS MUCH HIGHER THAN THE ORIGINAL PACKAGE FILED IN COURT
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Real Estate Lawyer should know?
Customer: WE WOULD LIKE TO AMEND THE AMOUNTS OF RENT DUE
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

There is no Motion to Amend a Complaint for Eviction. What you need to file is a Motion for Leave to Amend (which is used to amend any lawsuit). A sample of such form can be found here.

Here is the Notice to Quit for Failure to Pay Rent for a landlord to deliver to a tenant.

If you need clarification or additional information, please REPLY and I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, please remember to click on the stars to leave me a positive rating today, as that is the only way I am paid for my time and assistance. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
After the writ of possession I am planning on continuing to sue the tenant how can I go about this?

If you're going to sue them for other monies that you didn't include in the complaint, you'd have to file a new lawsuit then for monetary damages. If it's $5,000 or less, you can sue them in small claims court -much more reasonable filing fees and you don't need a lawyer to represent you.