RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

We are being sued in small claims court render during a fire

Customer Question

we are being sued in small claims court for services render during a fire clean up, we received from the insurance company checks S7100.00 made out to my wife. she cash them and now the company said these monies belong to them. How much does a lawyer cost.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Just to avoid confusion, because I don't want you to think that this is a legal firm (and I'm not sure if that's what you're asking or not, but many customers do have that misunderstanding) -Just Answer is merely a question and answer site. We provide legal information, but cannot represent anyone, and do not give legal advice.

If you're asking how much lawyers charge in general, like every other profession, their fees will vary of course, depending on things like area of law they practice in, geographic location, certifications, years in practice, etc. Typically, a lawyer who handles civil litigation matters charges around the $300/hr range, on average.

The North Carolina Bar Association does have a lawyer referral service to help you find a qualified lawyer in your area, and they can set you up with a 30 minute consultation for $50. Alternatively, you can search for a lawyer on a site like which has attorney ratings and reviews as well.

If you need clarification or additional information, please REPLY and I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, please remember to click on the stars to leave me a positive rating today, as that is the only way I am paid for my time and assistance. Thank you!