CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

We are window replacement company, a customer requested a

Customer Question

we are window replacement company, a customer requested a certain type of window even though it was against our advise. Now they are unhappy and want order number for our vendor from the purchase, are we required to give them any information other than name of who we bought windows from? Richmond, VA
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

While you are not obligated to provide your customer with this information this is something that you may consider offering simply because if the customer went so far as to file a lawsuit over this matter, and name you as a defendant, then they could get this same information through the civil discovery process.

You may be able to get your client to sign a release of liability in exchange for the information (I don't know what exactly your relationship with the customer is at this point, but you could consider trying it).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate the advise/answer. I just felt a little trapped through the process or order. I only wanted this 1 question answered and hope I only get charged 1 time. Every option available made it seem like a membership monthly fee.

If you would like to check on your account, please contact our Customer Service here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

(Unfortunately, I have no access to customer accounts as an expert on the site. I do apologize for the inconvenience).

Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.

If you would like to direct future questions to me specifically, you can do so by starting your new question with "For William B. Esq." and a moderator will notify me.

Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.

Bill