Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

Have been discriminated by 1) lease violation 2) because of

Customer Question

have been discriminated by
1) lease violation
2) because of race
3) no reasonable cause
4) failed to accommodate a disabled tenant
5) under the fair housing act,l was discriminated and failed to be protected against housing
discrimination.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 6 months ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of experience handling matters of this nature. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

Based on what you have shared with me, you certainly need to file a complaint with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing. Their interest in protecting you from discrimination of this nature, based on your race and disability.

By filing a complaint, they will look into the matter and when they find merit, you can file suit and receive damages and attorney fees.

Here is a link to the complaint process: http://www.dfeh.ca.gov/Complaints_ComplaintProcess.htm

They will file the complaint on your behalf against this entity (you will not need to hire an attorney).

• There is no limit on damages
  • Instead of administrative fines, unlimited punitive damages may be awarded.
  • The prevailing party, including the DFEH, may recover reasonable attorney's fees, expert witness fees and costs.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Please rate my answer positively (THREE OR MORE STARS) on the ratings bar on your end so I can receive credit for my response from the site.

Thank you and best wishes!

Did you have any other questions?

Just checking to see if you have any other questions or concerns. I want you to be as comfortable as possible as you move forward here. Thanks!