Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.

I have a neighbor using the five foot utility easement

Customer Question

I have a neighbor using the five foot utility easement between our properties for using his wheel barrow on my side of the property line and claiming he can without penalty because of the utility easement. Is this correct and if so can I do the same to the five feet of his property with my wheel barrow to make a point that's he's silly?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.

Your neighbor is wrong and the utility easement is only used by the utility companies for the purpose of supplying utility service to your property and adjacent properties. It conveys no rights to your neighbor to use the easement for any purpose and his use would constitute trespass, for which he can be held civilly liable and prosecuted criminally.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.