Samuel-II, Lawyer
Experience:  real estate law

I wrote the below in my lease. My Lessee wanted me to fix

Customer Question

I wrote the below in my lease. My Lessee wanted me to fix the electricity in the barn. Since this is what I wrote, can I just have them stop using the barn due to safety issues:
3) Lessee is granted right to utilize yard areas as defined by Lessor, which includes, organic gardening purposes as long as this gardening activity does not interfere with the wellbeing and health of other residents of the property or the property itself. No trees, plants, bushes or shrubs that are part of the present landscaping design shall be destroyed, cut or moved without permission of the Lessor. Use of chemicals that may damage the soil or cause harm to people or wildlife will be prohibited.
4) Barn is a shared space and maybe used as a privilege/extension of the yard but is not included in the rental agreement.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 4 months ago.

This is Samuel. Yes. It appears clear the space is a "privilege" and not part of the rental lease.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

How much notice do I need to give them before they move their stuff?

There is no time frame obligated upon you by law. The use of the barn is not a rental. It was a favor. You can give them 1 hour, or a day or a week. It will be up to you and what you feel is moral and fair.