Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.

Can you tell me what the setbacks were in 2004 in azusa,

Customer Question

can you tell me what the setbacks were in 2004 in azusa, calif. and the regs for the foundation of a backyard patio with slated roof. (wood)
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 4 months ago.

When a subdivision is designed, a drawing of it it, called a plat, is submitted to the County planning and zoning commission for approval. Once approved, the plat is recorded. The plaque contains all of the set back in side yard requirements. Therefore in order to determine what those are, you will have to either go to the LA County recorder's office to look it up, or perhaps it is online. I don't know. You can try a Google search under the name of the subdivision and see if you come up with anything. The second part of your question regarding foundations for a backyard patio, would not be shown in any plat, which is strictly a design for the real estate. The building regulations are more likely to be found in the building permits division of planning and zoning department. I hope that this information is helpful.

Please enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.