Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

This past week I received two letters in the mail, the first

Customer Question

Good day, my name is*****
This past week I received two letters in the mail, the first is an “ORDER SPECIALLY SETTING CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE”. The date of the conference is June 17th, 2016. The second, “NOTICE OF VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL AND DISCHARGE OF LIS PENDENS”.
In both letters the Plaintiff is WELLS FARGO BANK NA, and the Defendant is MARGURITE LOZADA.
These letters were sent to me at my residence, listing me as “UNKNOWN TENNANT”. My problem or more so, my question is that I purchased the home in 2014, If it was a foreclosed property at one time how does that effect my current ownership?
I have contacted my mortgage company, Wells Fargo, to see if there was something that was overlooked, there response was no. They did however send me documentation showing me as the BORROW on the “NOTE”. And also a copy of the MORTGAGE documentation.
Do I need legal representation at the meeting? Or can I just show up with the documentation I have showing that I am current resident and purchaser of the property? Your advise in the matter will be appreciated.
Thank you for your time in answering my questions.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

Who did you purchase the property from? the bank?

Was this Lozada person the former owner?