CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.

My home went into foreclosure. How do I get it back?

Customer Question

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am very sorry to learn of this situation. Unfortunately, Texas has no "redemption period" - a period of time following a foreclosure sale in which a home owner can reclaim the property by paying off the debt and the cost of the sale. While some other states do have this protection, Texas does not.

However, if you have not yet reached this point in the foreclosure process (the home has not yet sold), you may be able to act very quickly to stop that process.

This link here: gives you a good overview of the process and the steps at which you can stop a foreclosure (again, Texas is not a very forgiving state in regards ***** ***** foreclosure, and the window to do this is extraordinarily small, so if you are still pre-sale, you must act quickly).