CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.

I have lawyers supposedly handling our estate. My husband

Customer Question

I have lawyers supposedly handling our estate. My husband was killed and I was told to hold off on my payments while they checked on credit life. I got behind $12,000. Pipes under my foundation busted. The insurance company sent $15000 in checks. We sent to mortgage company to pay up the note. They refused to take them and now are selling my home at auction July 5. My lawyers still have the checks and now aren't returning my calls and I can't catch them in the office. Help. I don't know what to do and I'm running out of time. I have cash to pay it off that I just found out I got screwed over by them again and apparently can't touch. I don't know what to do
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

While I normally recommend dealing with attorneys that are not doing their job by writing them letters and reminding them of their ethical obligations to communicate with their client under the code of professional ethics, your situation appears urgent and there is no such time to go about it in this way.

Your best option here to get immediate action from these attorneys is to simply retain a legal malpractice attorney right away and have them deal with your estate attorneys immediately.

Your legal malpractice attorney will be a civil litigation attorney and they can also try to work with the bank in an effort to get them to hold off on the sale while they are trying to get the money out of the estate attorneys, and hopefully the threat of an immediate legal malpractice action will motivate prompt cooperation.

You can find local legal malpractice attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have spoke to one from Houston and he couldn't help me. Can you personally refer me to the ones you think would be in my best interest. These are corrupt small town lawyers I'm dealing with.

Unfortunately we cannot make specific referrals on this forum.

But you are not limited to finding local attorneys. If you are not confident in your local bar, you can search for attorneys in nearby metropolitan areas (any attorney that is licensed to practice in Texas can represent you in state court).

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you handle the case

Unfortunately we can neither accept nor solicit clients on the forum. The best we can do is provide you with resources (such as those above) to contact local attorneys.

(The forum requires us to remain neutral in this regard as part of our agreement to work with the forum as experts).

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you very much for your time

You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.

Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.

If you would like to direct future questions to me specifically, you can do so by starting your new question with "For William B. Esq." and a moderator will notify me.

Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.