P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.

My Hoa is harrasing my wife and I : Not yet : The president

Customer Question

My Hoa is harrasing my wife and I
JA: The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: The president of our hoa is very disrespectful one time he came to knock on my door and complain about my dog's barking, my dog is a 15 pound mini pin and he was inside my house the house. The second time he went to my carport and opened my back yard door and i walked out and stopped him from entering my property. And just recently he complained that we ilegally parked on someone else's carport when it cleary says on the sign the parking is for residents only and those are two spots that are always vacant 24/7
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Real Estate Lawyer should know?
Customer: He also staighted to say that he in his entire 29 years as the president of the hoa has never had problems with anyone until we came along
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my wife and i feel harrassed by our Hoa president

I understand...but do not understand your specific question regarding this...what is the question regarding this please sir?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What can we do to stop them from harrassing us?

Thank you

You could notify the rest of the board of directors...if the president is not acting in the best interests of the association, the remaining board members may be able to take action to remove the president from the board.

And you can let others in your community know about this...public outcry on this may put pressure on the board/president to stop this silliness.

You can seek to have someone else elected when it comes time for election.

Finally, if the presidents harassment is harming you, you could consider a lawsuit against him for harassment

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit
Thanks for your understanding