Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

The contractor next door continues to block the sidewalk

Customer Question

the contractor next door continues to block the sidewalk extension from my husband, who is disabled. I've tried police dept, public works, and code enforcement. no help. I take pictures everyday, do I have a suit against the property owner, and the city. property owner does not care. he has cut into our property built a fence without 30 day notice,and ruined my bricks in yard. all this while my husband was in and out of hospital
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

It certainly sounds like your husband has a case against them. It would be an ADA violation and possibly some type of state action as well.

Out of curiosity, what reasons are the agencies giving for not doing anything.