Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

Our community budgeted $8k HOA management company due to the

Customer Question

Hello, our community budgeted $8k for an HOA management company due to the lack of participation from the old board. The new board has become very active in handling duties the HOA management company would have handled and no longer needs to utilize the $8k for that purpose.
Our community has a horse arena that use to be taken care of by a resident who has since moved out this year. In turn, care and maintenance was not budgeted for it. Can $3k of the $8k be moved to fix the arena?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 6 months ago.

Yes it can, but only by a formal decision by the Board. If your board is now more management oriented, it can do whatever it wishes with or without an outside management company. It can spend all or any part of the $8K on the horse arena.

Please enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can this answer be provided in writing like a PDF? Is it listed in any state statues? I would like to provide it to the other board members. Can I also provide the contact information for Irwin Law?

I see this question was closed for some reason and then reopened. I am sorry but we are not permitted to do what you have requested in your last reply.

Please don't forget to enter a rating by clicking on one of the five boxes at the top of this reply. We are not employees of Just Answer, and only receive credit for assisting you when the rating is positive.