Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

My husband I are renting a house in County Md. The Landlord

Customer Question

My husband I are renting a house in Charles County Md. The Landlord has been disrespectful to us since we have moved in. We are in the process of moving out after 6 months of being here. He has received his rent each month before the 5th as agreed on. Now he has put a lock box on the door. He came in the middle of the night. As we talk, I will fill you in on other things, such as accusing us of breaking a stove top range after being here for 4 days. We replaced it, even though we had not used it. I gave you a lot, so I need to know what is our rights as a tenants?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi Jannie. Can you provide me just a bit more information? Is the lock box for showing the property to prospective tenants? Can you tell me what your goal is given that you're now moving out? Thanks.