Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.

Our HOA annual meeting is tonight and our president who is

Customer Question

Our HOA annual meeting is tonight and our president who is running for reelection has done some very shady things as late as last night……..too numerous to mention, and the fact that he has felonies on his record doesn’t give the homeowners a whole lot of confidence. He is a street fighter (fired from Manatee County School district) and has a history of mendacity. Tonight’s meeting is going to be brutal and we are thinking that a dispassionate observer who is expert on this should be present……..not to participate but to observe. I live in Oakhurst Park a deed restricted community off Expermental Farm Road and Ellenton-Gillette in Manatee County. We would be happy to pay but time is of the essence. Can you point me in the right direction? We live in Palmetto, Florida.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide such a service of representation. If you want to hire an attorney to bring with you, then you can find one at the same sites used by other attorneys, or

However, Section 720.306(10) of the Florida Homeowners’ Association Act states that any parcel owner may tape record or videotape “meetings of the board of directors” and “meetings of the members.” So, you do not need to actually pay anyone to go to the meeting, as FL law says any member can audio or video record the meeting, which would give you the "observation" you are seeking without having to pay a local attorney to accompany you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Thank you for your reply.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.