Albert Marmero
Albert Marmero,
Experience:  Partner at Long, Marmero, & Associates, LLP
93452170

I was suggested that if the tenant file after the eviction

Customer Question

I was suggested that if the tenant file for bankruptcy after the eviction proceedings that will nullify the stay...Where can I get a copy of when the tenant filed for bankruptcy,,,,(Jonesboro Georgia)
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It was suggested that if the tenant file...
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
where can I get a copy of her bankruptcy filing
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 6 months ago.

Well the good news for you is all bankruptcy filings are public records so you will be able to view these documents. Jonesboro is served by the United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Georgia. The easiest way to view filings is online, but to do so you will need to set up a PACER account. PACER is the program the US Federal Courts use. PACER is an electronic public access service that allows users to obtain case and docket information from federal appellate, district and bankruptcy courts, and the PACER Case Locator via the Internet. PACER is provided by the federal Judiciary in keeping with its commitment to providing public access to court information via a centralized service. There is a charge for using PACER. Detailed information about PACER, including the needed equipment, costs, etc. may be obtained on its website at www.pacer.gov.

If you'd rather not go through the PACER process, you can personally view physical copies of filings, as well. Public computer terminals are located in the Clerk's Office of each of the Court's four divisional offices. The public may view, without charge, online dockets and documents and paper files in the Clerk's Office. If a case or adversary proceeding has a paper file, that file may be reviewed only in the Division in which that case or adversary proceeding is filed. Files in fully electronic cases may be viewed in any of the four offices.

If you're going to view files physically, the Northern District has four court locations. The locations and contact information are listed at this link http://www.ganb.uscourts.gov/court-info/court-locations. My advice would be to call ahead if you plan to view files.

I hope this is helpful. If so, please provide a rating so I receive credit for responding to you. Also, feel free to ask follow up questions. Thanks!

I have not heard back from you and I notice you have not provided a rating. Is there anything further I can help you with?