Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Do I have an Easements By Necessity An easement by necessity

Customer Question

Do I have an Easements By NecessityAn easement by necessity arises where the easement is essential to the grantee's beneficial use and enjoyment of the property conveyed to him by the grantor. An easement by necessity is an appurtenant easement. This means that it runs with the land and will continue to benefit the dominant tenement even if ownership of that property is transferred.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.

.

Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 months ago.

In order to determine if you have an easement by necessity, I need to know the facts and circumstances surrounding the subject property. Feel free to briefly describe the situation.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. The info that you previously received re a prescriptive easement is generic and does not apply in California. I am a member of the State Bar of California, the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, and the California Association of Realtors. If you are interested in understanding your legal rights under California law, then I hope you will permit me to assist you further.

Thanks in advance.