Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I bought a modular home in Coquina Crossings in Elkton, FL.

Customer Question

I bought a modular home in Coquina Crossings in Elkton, FL. The broker from Southern Florida Homes (David Vermeulen) said he had a home inspector that specialized in modular homes. I went back to Tucson, AZ where I was living at the time. I checked on the internet about the home inspector. I was surprised to see the inspector had the same last name as David. David called me and said the inspection was fine and the house was in good shape. I decided to buy the house. When I moved in I noticed the skirting or foundation around the house has holes in it and was badly rusted. Nothing was mentioned about that. I had to ask for the inspection report when I moved in (never received it when I was in Tucson). My air conditioner quit twice and the repairmen said that there were animals under my house that had chewed thru the wires and all th duct work. I complained to David about it an he sent someone to repair the wires ad put mesh around the holes. The worker only put black tape around a few wires and the animals chewed thru the mesh. Had a complete home inspection today. The mesh work is no good and the wires and duct work have to be replaced not repaired. The home also was treated for subteranian termites which was never disclosed to me. The home inspection report that was finally given to me by David looks like a microsoft word docuent. I don't now if the house was inspected at all and it is a conflict of interest to have his brother inspect it. I want all the wires and duct work replaced and new skirting put around the house or he can buy the house back from me. As it is now, it is uninhabitable. My phone no is904(###) ###-#### Can you help me?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon Elizabeth,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that Premium Service and I'll process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.

After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.

Thanks in advance,

Doug