Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I live in California do I have to be present in Texas to put

Customer Question

I live in California do I have to be present in Texas to put a lien on a property that is located I. Texas
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 6 months ago.

PS - If you let me know the city/county in which the land is located, I'd be happy to give you the appropriate phone number.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not asking for a phone number
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

Generally, no, you would not have to be physically present to file a lien.....but you would need to have the appropriate paperwork filled out to file with the clerk's office OR have a local lawyer in that area file the paperwork for you.

Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

However, if you ever were to sue to enforce your lien or pursue collection, it could be possible that you would have to appear in person to testify to the judge about the facts of your case, etc.

Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

You can call the court clerk for the county where you want to file the lien and ask if they have forms, etc. available for you to use. If so, you could ask them to mail/email the forms to you OR they may even have them available online. If not, you're likely going to need a local lawyer to help you get the documents drafted and filed.

Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again.

Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!

Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.