Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I just got a letter tonight at 3 25 pm telling my my rent is

Customer Question

i just got a letter tonight at 3 25 pm telling my my rent is going up 100 dollars and i need to respond by tomarow to resign a lease what the heck dont i get 30 day notice to resign ive been here 3yrs and my rent has gone up 400 bucks
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you at the end of a lease period and need to renew the lease? When does the lease end?

2. Or, are you a month to month tenant?

3. When does the landlord say that the increase becomes effective?

Doug

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
im on a year lease my lease ends july 31st so the posted a note tonight at 336 telling me my rent goeose up another 100 witch makes it 1056 and i have to give a 60 day written notice well that gives me till tomarow am wtf they have to tell me and give me more tome right
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
time sorry
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i called she says sorry we try to give more time usually but ive been busy wtf
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Rockledge bear valley they have to give me time to find a place right
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok now she says i have till june 15th to let her no if i wanna renew my lease i have to give them 60 day notice but they only have to give me 15 day notice on a rent in crease or over night where r MY RIGHTS
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

You have to give 60 days notice for what? An automatic renewal?

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

I can't assist you if you won't respond to my requests for information.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good morning,

This will be my last attempt to get your attention. Depending on the facts of your situation, I may have an answer for you that saves you a lot of money by eliminating the rent increase, but unless you communicate with me I can't help you.

Doug