Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I just got a letter tonight at 3 25 pm telling my my rent is

Customer Question

i just got a letter tonight at 3 25 pm telling my my rent is going up 100 dollars and i need to respond by tomarow to resign a lease what the heck dont i get 30 day notice to resign ive been here 3yrs and my rent has gone up 400 bucks
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 12 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you at the end of a lease period and need to renew the lease? When does the lease end?

2. Or, are you a month to month tenant?

3. When does the landlord say that the increase becomes effective?

Doug

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
im on a year lease my lease ends july 31st so the posted a note tonight at 336 telling me my rent goeose up another 100 witch makes it 1056 and i have to give a 60 day written notice well that gives me till tomarow am wtf they have to tell me and give me more tome right
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
time sorry
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
i called she says sorry we try to give more time usually but ive been busy wtf
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Rockledge bear valley they have to give me time to find a place right
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
ok now she says i have till june 15th to let her no if i wanna renew my lease i have to give them 60 day notice but they only have to give me 15 day notice on a rent in crease or over night where r MY RIGHTS
Expert:  LawTalk replied 12 months ago.

You have to give 60 days notice for what? An automatic renewal?

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 12 months ago.

I can't assist you if you won't respond to my requests for information.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good morning,

This will be my last attempt to get your attention. Depending on the facts of your situation, I may have an answer for you that saves you a lot of money by eliminating the rent increase, but unless you communicate with me I can't help you.

Doug