Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I sold a four family house to a tenant who was leasing to

Customer Question

I sold a four family house to a tenant who was leasing to buy. We closed on the property on March 4, 2016. She lives in one apartment, I live in one apartment and the other two are rented. As stated in an contingency agreement, I can stay in my apartment for for 6 months, without paying rent, or until I find a place to live. Also stated in the agreement is that I can keep my parking space. I found an apartment and should move in July.
In relaliation of me staying here and not having to pay rent she has; refused to take the common area electricity off of my meter, leaves the lights on the front porch all night, put lock on the light switch so I cannot turn them off, put a padlock on the gate so that I cannot park in the the allotted space, put a letter under my door accusing me of conducting illegal activities from my apartment, using illegal narcotics and along with other outrages allegations. Please advise.
Oh yeah, did I mention that she is a lawyer.
Jo Anne
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Have you contacted the utility to let them know you have sold the property.

Have you demanded in writing that the owner comply with the contingency agreement?