Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

A and hold title as grantee in fee simple. Are they joint

Customer Question

A and B hold title as grantee in fee simple. Are they joint owners each with a 50% interest?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

.

This depends on what the actual deed says as that controls the type of ownership....joint tenants or tenants in common.

.

So you would have to actually read the deed to see if the words "joint tenants" or "joint tenancy with right of survivorship" or something similar is used. If there is nothing in the deed that states this, then they are tenants in common and each of them owns 50% of the property and their interest would pass down to their heirs if they died.

.

.

thanks