Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

There are violations of Bylaws, mishandling of funds and

Customer Question

There are violations of Bylaws, mishandling of funds and bully Board Directors. We just had owners meeting and was all planned prior to coming in. It was a clear plan as they kicked me out as the treasurer in the first few minutes of the meeting. They did not want to hear or see any document that shows the Directors are stealing our funding. what case do I have when 3 out of 8 is the vote.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If they are stealing funds, you need to contact the local district attorney to seek to pursue criminal charges against them for stealing or misappropriating funds.

They cannot prohibit any member from presenting evidence within reason at an open meeting. However, if they are refusing to allow you to do so, then you need to share the proof you have of the misappropriation to all of the members of the association to get members together to file a suit against the association and seek to force them to follow and honor the bylaws and also to remove the members who are violating the bylaws, which you can do by getting enough members of the association together to vote them out.